1. Application Range
The sternal fixation device is used to close and keep the sternum fixed in place after thoracotomy surgery.
2. Product Introduction
Waston has dedicated itself to the research and development of safe, high quality after-surgery sternal closure and fixation devices. After three years, we were able to develop this tool, offering a great solution for sternal closure.
1. Severe mental disorder
2. Generalized nervous disease, immune suppression disorder, calcified tissue metabolism disorder, systemic or local infection and allergic to metallic materials.
1. Simple operation
2. Ti&Ti alloy
3. Excellent bio-compatibility
4. Outstanding stability
5. Patented design for easy reopening
6. Suitable for osteoporosis
1. Single use sternal fixation device.
2. Sterilized packaging, valid for up to 3 years.
3. Sterility guarantee unless the package is opened or damaged.
4. Determine the number of sternum fixation devices according to the actual situation of patients. Typically this means 4 pieces per patient. If 4 sternal fixation devices cannot be used when there is a sternum deformity, use blinding wires to close the sternum.
5. Press 2 anti-back buttons of the sternum closure device to remove it from the sternum. If you do not do this, the sternum closure device and sternal fixation device are likely to break and become difficult to separate
6. Surgical doctors should be familiar with product implantation before usage.
6. Operating Instruments
7. Operating Steps
1) Choose a sternal fixation device based on the model type that best meets sternum width, and attach the L&R sternal fixation device to the corresponding parts of the sternal closure device.
① Choose a suitable model type according to the width of the sternum, and attach the L&R sternal fixation devices to the corresponding parts.
② Hook the sternum width gauge into the other side of sternum. Get L2.
Chest width: L=L1+L2-5mm, and choose the sternal fixation device’s size according to L.
2) Separate the L&R sternal fixation device and attach them to the corresponding parts of the sternal closure device. Tighten the lock screw by hand, not with a slot head screwdriver.
3) Hook to the intercostal space using the falcula of the L&R sternal fixation device. Press anti-back buttons on the sternum closure device and insert the closer rack, then rotate the knob of the sternal closure device to close it. At the same time, insert the L&R parts into each other. Keep rotating the knob until the sternum is closed with no gaps.
4) Use slot head screwdriver to rotate the cam of the sternal fixation device to 90°and lock it. (Attention: do not rotate exceed or less than 90°.)
5) Separate sternal fixation device and sternal closure device: press anti-back buttons of the sternum closure device to turn it and the sternal fixation device into the non-locking state.
6) Insert a slot head screwdriver into the hole on the top plane of the locking screw, rotate and release the locking screws from the sternal fixation device.
7) If the doctor needs to reopen the chest or remove the sternal fixation device, use a slot head screwdriver to rotate the cam of the sternal fixation device to 90°and unlock it. If this fails, use a plate cutting clamp to cut the outer sternal fixation device in the square hole area.
8) Fix and separate the new sternal fixation device and sternal closure device as shown in steps 2 through 6 below.
Changzhou Waston Medical Appliance Co., Ltd.
Address: No.9 Xihu Road, Wujin High-Tech industrial Park, Changzhou City, China.
Contact Person: Jack Lu